First of all, since I have no idea what gameolosophy is, I’m claiming “Runterview” as a term for a running interview. Yesterday I got to have a runterview with fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador, Sheila of stridingmom.wordpress.com. This was the first time I had ever met up with a fellow run blogger for a few miles. Sheila was smart and prepared questions and over 3.5 miles (with a lot of stretch stops for me) we got to know each other a bit. I am pleased to introduce you to Sheila and hope you’ll enjoy learning about an amazing runner/woman/mom.
You know how you can read someone’s blog and just get a sense that you’d like to hang out with that person? Well, that’s Sheila and I loved getting to meet her! Sheila is among the ranks of all you amazing mother runners who can accomplish more on a school morning than I can on a Saturday afternoon. She has great stories of PR’s in this past year (she’s fast) and getting her family into it! She recently helped her mom through her first triathlon. SO cool! While she’s had some injuries (BOO!), she has big hopes for upcoming events and maybe, just maybe, a qualifier for Boston someday? We shall see.
Here are some fun questions we both answered for each other. To be clear, these are Sheila’s answers. My answers are posted on her blog, so you should go there to see them.
- If you were a yoga pose what would you be & why? Cow face fold – it’s a bit twisty, a bit tenacious but always gets the job done.
- Most embarrassing race moment: I once accidentally put the wrong side of the D-tag on my shoe and my time wasn’t captured. Lucky for me the race director was amazing and used the start time of someone I raced with and the race finish photo to match my watch time. Let’s just say I’ll never make that mistake twice. I was a new, but by no means rookie runner so I totally ate crow on that one.
- Best email from a reader: I recently got one from someone I graduated high school with thanking me for keeping him encouraged to run and stay fit. Made me happy. But usually it’s the ones from my mom telling me to stop posting stuff that embarrasses her which only makes me want to do it more.
- Craziest thing you’ve run with stuffed into your pants/sports bra: Since it’s pretty roomy in my sports bra (a perk to having the physique of a middle school girl) this is always a viable storage option. Tough call – sunglasses, questions for a runterview, car keys?
- What percentage of your wardrobe is spandex/technical material? Probably 70%, I work from home so spandex is my business casual.
- Celebrity/athletic doppleganger: I got told I look like Lisa Uhl the other day, which is a step up from “Hey whatsyourface”.
- What’s your super secret hidden talent? I am very talented at avoiding laundry, but I’d have to say my uncanny ability to recreate pop music songs with lyrics that I want. I once spontaneously rewrote Grenade spot on to list all of the things I do for my kids including laundry, wiping their butts, matching their socks & cooking their dinner while driving home. It’s now my favorite song to sing to them on a regular basis. Naturally, my children hate this gift.
Sooo funny. I’m pretty good at making up words to popular melodies as well. I definitely vote for a vlog of Sheila performing her mom-chores version of Grenade! Who’s with me?
If you want to get more of Striding Mom (and why wouldn’t you?) you can find her here:
Sweat Pink Bio: http://www.fitapproach.com/author/smcdanie/
Have you gone on any interesting Runterviews? Tell me about them! I want to start a list.