So, where are we at Week 1 of the WLC? This is a game and scoring my points online everyday has been fun. I’m the kind of person who likes to log that sort of information, especially when I can see how others are doing. The only thing missing from our online score board is a graph of some kind.
Things we’re scored on:
- Diet: This week hasn’t beed hard in terms of food. Prior this I had already cut out a lot of grains and sugars and the only dairy I ate on a semi-regular basis was cheese and yogurt.
- Workout: My BHAG training keeps me active on Non CrossFit days so getting in a daily workout is also not hard.
- Mobilization: I forget to do this until the very end of the day. But then I tell myself, 10 minutes of stretching and rolling out before bed will feel nice. So I do it. Getting better about remembering before I brush my teeth.
- Fish Oil: Easy peasy! I have to tell you about my new fish oil that I am loving from Ascenta.
Things we’re supposed to be improving on:
- Lifestyle: I think mine is pretty good. Being a little more disciplined in what I eat and stretching everyday isn’t that hard. At least not for this week.
- Body Composition: I had no real goals here but I am down 2 lbs and I’m seeing more ab definition these days.
- Performance: I think I continue to progress with CrossFit at a good pace. I do feel that I’m able to run at a faster pace with less stress on my heart and lungs. But this isn’t really directly related to the WLC. Just my overall progress recently.
- Groceries were wildly expensive this week. Trying to find the right things at the right places is no fun. Increasing my protein while eliminating supplements will cost more, unless I purchase low quality meats, which I don’t want to do. Am going to look for this egg white based protein supplement that people are talking about, and buy more Spirulina.
- Fueling for runs without using the GU’s or gels I’m used too is interesting, especially now that I’m officially into BHAG training. I made a pretty decent sweet potato/apple/coconut/almond mush that I tried on my 12 miler today. I’m all for being creative and trying new things, especially if it involves whole foods.
- Sleep has not been complete, but it hasn’t been inadequate. I think this first week of the new challenge and new goals has been exciting and my mind is going a mile a minute with planning and organizing in order to manage the fear and stress. Every night I go to bed I can think of 10 things that I should’ve done/want to do right away when I wake up. Not restful.