Hi! My name is Tiffany, but you can call me Hutch. I run a lot but my athletic/fitness adventures don’t stop there. I’m a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer and am always starting new adventures to grow my skills.
A few things that are helpful to know:
- I left my full time job in order to build a life that fits my goals and talents.
- We’re a one car family. I can run or ride my bike anywhere I need to go.
- We continually try to live with less. No TV. No clothes we don’t wear.
If you’d rather listen than read, click the play button to listen to my interview with Andrew and Sue O’Brien of The Partnerunning Show on Blog Talk Radio!
I’m not a born runner. In fact, I had a slight asthma issue as a kid. I first tried running in college and wasn’t a huge fan. I preferred weights.
Then, something amazing happened. I joined Team in Training and that is when my team gave me my running nickname, “Hutch” (maiden name: Hutchison). It stuck.
Why “Matters Of Course”?
The word “matter” brings to mind things of substance and importance. So, of course I write about things that matter to me.
The word “course” makes me think of the paths we take in life, the lessons we learn, the plans we make, or even the meals we eat.
I often refer to my husband as “J”. He is a good runner (better than me :-/ ) so, while he doesn’t want to run ultras, I love that he can join me for an 8 mile run on any given day.
Without his support, occasional participation, and balanced perspective, I would not accomplish much. He is 100% my partner, even in healthy cooking and eating, and because of that I am the luckiest.
Professionally, I was a Marketing Specialist and still thoroughly enjoy social media, spreadsheets, and graphic design.
My blog is a platform through which I promote healthy living and share information about anything I’ve found interesting or beneficial. I will talk about the brands I represent often.
Things to expect:
- Mishaps related to
becomingbeing an ultra runner.
- ‘Aha’ moments from learning to become a CrossFit coach.
- Adventure Racing, because it’s the next big thing I want to get in too.
- Product Reviews for things I find interesting or helpful.
- Maybe a few giveaways for things I love.
- Thoughts on life matters like finances and faith.
All images and content on www.runninghutch.com belong to me and may not be used without my consent and knowledge.